My name is Jingwu Tang (唐静吾). I am a senior-year undergrad at Turing Class, Peking University. I am fortunate to be advised by Prof. Xiaotie Deng. During Fall 2021, I am pleased to have worked closely with Zhe Feng at Google Research. From Summer 2022, I am fortunate to work with Prof. Steven Wu at CMU. My research interest broadly lies in differential privacy, algorithmic game theory and machine learning. Most recently, I’ve been thinking about how to design better mechanisms through machine learning approaches.
- A Context-Integrated Transformer-Based Neural Network for Auction Design.
Zhijian Duan, Jingwu Tang, Yutong Yin, Zhe Feng, Xiang Yan, Manzil Zaheer, and Xiaotie Deng. ICML-22. arXiv.
- Differentially Private Synthetic Data via Zeroth-order Optimization.
Jingwu Tang, Terrance Liu, Giuseppe Vietri, Zhiwei Steven Wu. Submitted to PPAI (AAAI workshop), 2023. The full version will be submitted to ICML-23.
- 2021 Fall: CS 33400 Discrete Mathematics and Structures, PKU (TA)
- 2022 Fall: CS 33400 Discrete Mathematics and Structures, PKU (TA)
- Merit Student 2020
- John Hopcroft Scholarship 2021, 2022
- Scholarship of Peking University 2020
- Chinese Mathematical Olympiad (CMO), Silver Medal, 2017
More About Me
I love many kinds of sports, including basketball, badminton, jogging (also some track events) and outdoor biking, yet I’m not good at all of them. I’m a big fan of Stephen Curry and Golden State Warriors.
I love reading, especially books about social science and history.
In my spare time, I like to engage in social service that may help someone in need. I spent two years organizing a school club that helps students of underdeveloped areas in China, and once became a volunteer teacher for 2 weeks.