My name is Jingwu Tang (唐静吾). I am a senior-year undergrad at Turing Class, Peking University. I am fortunate to be advised by Prof. Xiaotie Deng. Since Summer 2022, I have been fortunate to work with Prof. Steven Wu at CMU. My research interest broadly lies in differential privacy, algorithmic game theory and machine learning. Most recently, I’ve been thinking about how to design better mechanisms through machine learning approaches.
I will join Software and Societal Systems Department at CMU as a Ph.D student in Fall 2023!
- A Context-Integrated Transformer-Based Neural Network for Auction Design.
Zhijian Duan, Jingwu Tang, Yutong Yin, Zhe Feng, Xiang Yan, Manzil Zaheer, and Xiaotie Deng. ICML, 2022. arXiv.
- Differentially Private Synthetic Data via Zeroth-order Optimization.
Jingwu Tang, Terrance Liu, Giuseppe Vietri, Zhiwei Steven Wu. PPAI (AAAI workshop), 2023.
- Generating Private Synthetic Data with Genetic Algorithms.
Terrance Liu * , Jingwu Tang * , Giuseppe Vietri * , Zhiwei Steven Wu. Submitted to ICML, 2023. Final version of the PPAI paper.
- Reviewer: PPAI 2023 (workshop of AAAI)
- 2021 Fall: CS 33400 Discrete Mathematics and Structures, PKU (TA)
- 2022 Fall: CS 33400 Discrete Mathematics and Structures, PKU (TA)
More About Me
I love many kinds of sports, including basketball, badminton, jogging (also some track events) and outdoor biking, yet I’m not good at all of them. I’m a big fan of Stephen Curry and Golden State Warriors.
I love reading, especially books about social science and history.
In my spare time, I like to engage in social service that may help someone in need. I spent two years organizing a school club that helps students of underdeveloped areas in China, and once became a volunteer teacher for 2 weeks.